Frequently asked questions

Here you find a list of the most frequently asked questions. If your question is not listed or for any further information please feel free to contact us.

No, we accept both beginners and experienced martial artists, since our Masters focus on the levels of the individual student.

Step 1: Inquiry (contact us).

Step 2: Apply online.

Step 3: Pay reservation fee 30% of the costs.

Step 4: Apply for a Chinese visa & purchase flight tickets.

Step 5: Arrange pickup.

If you have any further questions please feel free to send a email to

Language is never a problem, we have On-site translator and our masters can speak English

Physical preparation is not strictly required. However, it will be helpful, since you will get used to the training schedule faster. Recommended are: Proper diet, running (2 km or so per day), swimming, cycling, skipping, push-ups, sit-ups, etc.

The Summer is generally warm to hot. Spring and fall are mild and very comfortable. The winter is dry and about 0 to 15 degrees Celsius. A overview over temperature and rainfall can be found in ‘Academy Location‘.

Most student has no issues to adapt to the weather, it will though take a little longer to adapt to the heat in midsummer or the cold in midwinter.

In summer, make sure to bring light, loose, comfortable fitting clothes. For winter, bring heavier clothing that will keep you warm but will also permit movement. Students are encouraged to bring a good pair of running-shoes with them. Find more information under Practical Information.

The tuition depends on how long you want to stay at the academy, the longer you stay, the cheaper the tuition. Tuition fees can be found under prices in the menu point “Fees & Prices”.

Note: The only additional costs can be $30 for airport-pickup.

You are free to join us any time, there are no fixed starting dates. You can either arrive during the week or at weekends. However, you do need to apply and book a place before coming. After your arrival you are free to start training as soon as you are ready for it. If you arrive late at night it might even help with your jet lag to start training early next morning.

Yes you can. It doesn’t matter what type of visa you obtained before coming to the Academy, we can help you prepare all required documents to get visa extensions. For most countries, the cost is only $35, but it costs $150 for American students. For students staying here longer than 1 year an out of country trip will have to be made, normally to Hong Kong, the academy will help with this as well.

We provide three meals a day for the whole week, though students are free to eat out on the weekends.

Students can stay at the academy to relax, use internet in their room, train on their own, or go exploring the area. Many students use one of the days in the weekend for travelling and having fun to Wudang Mountain or Taichi Lake. Shopping, eating, playing pool, sing karaoke are some of the options possible.

All meals have vegetarian options. Generally there are about 8-10 plates of different foods to choose from during meals, with only 4 or 5 of them containing meat. Any special dietary concerns should be communicated to the Academy before arrival to better accommodate students.

Yes, students who plan on bringing their laptops can have internet set up in their rooms for $5 a month. Otherwise there is free WIFI in the ground floor office.

If you wish to contact your family and friends regularly, we recommend you to bring your phone or laptop. You can also buy a Chinese SIM card for your phone. Internet (WIFI) in the office is free to use, you can also set up internet in your room ($5/month). Facebook, Google and Youtube are not accessible in China without a VPN.

There are many ATM’s in town that accept debit and credit cards, so you can just bring your home bank card with you when coming to China. Bring around 1000 yuan in cash and then your bank card. Payment to the school can be done via bank transfer so it is only pocket money you will need. Long-term students can open local bank accounts and then have their money transferred from home. Traveling with large sums of money is not encouraged.

Yes, every student receives a certificate with the Academy’s official stamp before leaving. Everything mastered will be stated on it as well as the comments your master gave you under the gradings.

We recommend you to apply for a Chinese business/visiting visa (F) or study visa (X2). To get the visa you will need an official invitation letter from the school, which we will send to you when the application fee is received.

You would want to check their website before going there in person, check their working day/hour, prepare all the required materials and make an appointment. And in some countries, you do not even to go in person, just submit the application online and mail your passport. Find the nearest Chinese embassy

The rooms are quite spacious, and normally shared by two students. However, it’s still possible to have a room for your own, with paying extra amount of money, which depends on the room vacancy.

Our Academy provides students full room and board, so it’s not necessary to bring a lot of extra money for spending unless you want to buy souvenirs, shop or plan to travel in China. All you need is some pocket money for food (snacks), a massage in the weekends, some clothes, etc. Students are likely to find that food and many other things are much cheaper to buy in China than in their home country. 100-200$ pr. month for long term students and 200-300$ pr. month for short term students are sufficient for most students.

Yes, it’s totally fine for a long term student to take some time off either for going back home, or visiting friends in China, or travel to see some places in China.